What is insulin pump and how does it work?
A Belittled electronic device, like a free (same size of a mobile phone) that check your metabolic insulin and prevent you from hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia, addressed because of the insulin heart learnphysics.org.
It can be easily carried about a belt, inside an air hole, or even accompanied a bra thus becoming virtually invisible to others and allowing a very discreet therapy.
How do insulin pumps work in the body?
- The pump, through an uninterrupted hypodermic Insulin Infusion (CSII), replaces the need for frequent injections by bearing accurate acids of rapid-acting insulin 24 hours a day to carefully match your body’s needs.
- A programmed insulin charge per unit made of belittled amounts of insulin delivered continuously mimics the basal insulin production by the pancreas for convention affairs of the body (not including food).
- The broadcast rate is determined by your healthcare master based on your personal needs. This basal rate bringing can also be custom according to your specific daily needs.
- For example, it can be suspended or expanded/decreased for a certain time anatomy; this is not possible with basal insulin injections at learnphysics.org.
- Additional insulin can buoy comprise delivered “on demand” to catch the food you are going to eat or to correct high blood sugar, also known as the bolus dose.
- Insulin pumps have bolus calculators that help you calculate your bolus amount based on settings that are biased along your health care professional and again based on your particular needs.
Parts of the insulin pump:
The insulin pump consists of:
- A compartment that accommodates a reservoir.
- The reservoir which is filled with insulin.
- From the pump’s reservoir, insulin is infused into your consistency through an infusion set.
The infusion adjust is inserted into your body and is acquainted through a tiny flexible tube addressed a cannula that sits just underneath your skin.
The infusion adjust is then affiliated to the reservoirs through a small tube which can be easily disconnected and reconnected from your body whenever you want to. This is accommodating when people want to swim, cascade or play a sport.